Lyndsay, Kurt, Harper & Riley

Lyndsay, Kurt, Harper & Riley

July 19th, 2014

Today we went to Lake Tobias.  It is an amazing zoo type place outside Harrisburg Pa.  First we went on the safari ride. You go on an open air bus into these great big fields were animals are just roaming around in their natural habitat.  There was everything from Buffalo to Llamas to Emus.  The best was you could buy these crackers to feed them before you went and they would come right up to the bus and eat out of your hand.  On a bus across from us one of the animals walked right up onto the bus.  It was amazing!  (Hard to get pictures of as I was trying to keep Harper from either jumping or falling over the edge from excitement).  Then we went into a reptile area where my daughter who has no fear was touching and torturing an alligator and snake.  Also not good pictures because I decided her safety was more important than cool pictures :) ha  And lastly we went into the petting zoo area.  Harper LOVED petting and feeding the animals.  The best was her reaction after they licked the cracker out of her hand.  

Now random funny story :)

So we spent the whole day at Lake Tobias and Harper was having a blast so she was missing nap and I figured hey as long as she was holding on we were going to keep going.  So by the time we got to the petting zoo area it was way past naptime and Harper is a big time thumb sucker.  So try as I may hands were in her mouth ALOT!  Feed the animals, suck her thumb, hug the animals, suck her thumb, hug the animals, suck her thumb.  We sanitized when we left but yeah that was a little late.  Not to mention earlier on the Safari tour she figured out that the crackers were pretty yummy so why share all of them with the animals.  If they won't eat it - I will :)  So whatever gross but she will live it is just one day.  The next day rolls around and Harper spikes a fever of 104.  Yeah I thought I diseased my child.  Got the fever down, woke up the next day without one but by nighttime we were back to 102.  Kerri nicely talked me into calling the doctor and telling them that we went to the petting zoo and now we had a fever -I called and they probably thought I was crazy but just to watch her.  Next day no fever just spots all over her body - yeah all along all I can find on the computer is diseases from petting zoo.  Flash forward to today and a doctors diagnosis - Harper has hand, foot and mouth disease which is going around - nothing to do with petting zoo.  Ha so as gross as it was I did not disease her and she is just fine :)  But the big joke is she has Hoof and Mouth disease :)





I loved her reaction every time they took her crackers :)








Emu and their babies just strolling through the road.



Eating right out of Harpers hand - that black tubing is the edge of our bus.
The next picture is when he backed up just a little so I could get a picture.



Dadiraffe –   – (July 24, 2014 at 4:55 AM)  

Yea !! More blog pictures. I love the story about you thinking she got sick from the zoo visit. And hoof and mouth disease, really? Cracks me up. Loved all the pictures. Makes me feel like we were there too, or almost. Hey, you need to bring our little princess here to the lake so we can catch some little frogs. Bet she'd love that. You know I love the pictures, but every time I see some, it reminds me of how much I miss you guys. : (

Mom –   – (July 27, 2014 at 11:57 AM)  

We will have to go with you sometime. It will be the closest thing I will ever get to a real Safari. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP